Anyone that knows me, whether superficially or not, knows that I love Milwaukee. And if you don't know this about me, I will tell you know. I love that city. I love the people. The architecture. The weather (don't judge.) Anyways, it's a good place.
Things have been a bit rough as of late and every bone in my body was telling me, "Emily. You NEED a vacation." And I did. My parents also realized this and gave me tickets to Wisconsin for my birthday. Hallelujah! I was ecstatic. It had been almost a year and a half since I had been "home."
And so here is just a tiny snippet of my vacation.
Starting top left and going down the list... 1. Within an hour of landing in Wisconsin, I drank a Spotted Cow. Still my favorite beer. (And I'm still cursing the whole no-liquids-on-plane's bit, because I always want to bring cases of this beer home with me.)
2. Conojitos is not a fancy, pretty, nice restaurant by any means. But I love it there. It's super casual (think paper plates) and super cheap ($3 margaritas, anyone?)
3. & 4. Saturday morning brunch at Beans and Barley with Rachel and Heather. These ladies are seriously the coolest, most supportive gals anyone could ask for.
5. Made a quick stop by Altera for some coffee and Pastries.
6. I worked at Broadways Paper for years while I lived in Milwaukee. I still think that it was the best stationery store and the best place that I have ever worked. It's not a full trip to MKE without at least stopping by.
7. & 8. Locust Street Days was happening just down the block. And in true Wisconsin spirit, I made sure to get a corn on the cob. Sadly, I missed out on the cheese curds (why did I eat before the festival?!), but I love the sign anyways.
9. & 10. My last night was spent with another great lady, Erika. Her beau grilled up some kabobs and we sat outside, chatting and enjoying the weather for hours.
If you're not following me yet, feel free to find me @emileerosedesigns!